The Eastern Suburbs 4WD Club of WA (Inc) now simply called the
ES4WD Camping & Touring Club have the following broad objectives:
- To enjoy the friendship and camaraderie of like-minded people undertaking 4WD, touring and camping trips in a safe and supportive environment
- Preserve the natural environmen how to do a critical analysis russian male order bride whilst undertaking our 4WD activities
- Improve our 4WDriving skills and promote responsible 4WDriving in all situations.
Don’t be fooled by the ‘Eastern Suburbs’ name – our members are now scattered all over Perth – We are a mature club enjoying 4WDriving, still with the passion, sense of adventure and exploration for camping and touring our great country, be it in our swags, tents, camper trailers or caravans. We enjoy nothing better than sitting around a roaring campfire enjoying a great meal; reminiscing over what the non-4WDrivers are doing and sharing our ‘true stories’!
We are members of the WA 4WD Association of Western Australia—
this peak body represents 4WD clubs in WA and strives to promote responsible and sustainable 4WDriving in our State. The Association works with organisations such as The Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DPAW) to assist in maintaining our 4WD tracks and lobby Government Departments to keep as many tracks and destinations open to the public as possible.
Our Club’s community activities include entering into track adoption programs with DPAW. We currently have one in place for the Avon Valley NP and the Wandoo Woodlands track. We have a long history of work with DPAW in the Avon Valley NP and have, over many years, provided support crews for them during the Avon Descent event each year. Our continual support of the RFDS is essential as we may one-day require their assistance in a remote region of our vast country.
We hold a range of events throughout the year that cater for the age and interests of members, including day trips, weekend trips, touring events and social events. Every year we try to have a longer – more challenging 4WD trip of up to 4 weeks – past trips include Gibb River Road, Anne Beadell Highway, Rudall River, Karijini, Pilbara and Coral Coast, Alice Springs-Oodnadatta Track, Gunbarrel Highway and Birdsville to name a few. Trips over the years have covered the extremities of our country.
Benefits of joining the ES4WD Camping & Touring Club:
- Learn from fellow 4WDrivers the skills and techniques of safe and responsible 4WDriving and touring
- Club has public liability insurance (not afforded to members of non- incorporated clubs)
Participation in Club and Interclub trips / events
- Advantage of safety in numbers when on trips – travelling in a convoy is more fun and safer should any problems arise
- Learn about the sensitivities and impact of 4WDriving on the environment and follow the ‘leave no trace policy’ to ensure ongoing broad support for 4WDrive activities
- Vehicle insurance specifically for 4WD vehicles at very attractive rates for club members
- Hints and tips on anything 4WDriving, camping, touring, equipment and rigs (even camp cooking competitions!) – not to mention the occasional wine appreciation around the campfire.
- The opportunity (encouraged) to organise an event/trip to your special place for other members of the club to undertake and enjoy
- Chance to make new friends through the club environment
We welcome new members, please feel free to send your enquiry via the form under our CONTACT page or Email: email@example.com direct. We can then arrange for you to meet our members at one of our monthly meetings or come on a trip to see if our club is the one to inspire that adventurous spirit we all have within us.